Early Childhood Community Development Centre
The ECCDC is a charitable organization inspiring excellence in early learning and child care through thought leadership, cutting edge training, innovative resources and coaching services highlighting best practices and emerging trends. In the more than 25 years since its creation by local volunteers, the ECCDC has become a leading early learning training, resource and referral organization.
Inspiring excellence in early learning and child care.
The leading source of innovative supports for early learning and child care.
We work with like-minded organizations to respond to the emerging needs of the early learning and child care community.
- Collaboration – We work with like-minded organizations to respond to the emerging needs of the early learning and child care community.
- Innovation: We are dedicated to pursuing the development of quality products and services that stimulate early learning in young children.
- Leadership: We bring our courage, conviction and guidance to creating supports that nurture the healthy development of children.
- Respect: We support, recognize and honour the early learning professional as pivotal to the healthy development of children.
- Professionalism: We bring together knowledge and expertise to mentor those working in early learning and child care settings to be at their best.
Recent Blog Posts
- Exploring Risk and Challenge: Moving From “As Safe As Possible” To “As Safe As Necessary” In Your Early Learning EnvironmentAs educators, it is our responsibility to ensure that children are safe while in our care, and have a Duty of Care. Although children’s safety is deeply rooted in early learning practice, there are also many other aspects of children’s development, health and well being that early learning professionals are responsible for nurturing as well.Continue reading “Exploring Risk and Challenge: Moving From “As Safe As Possible” To “As Safe As Necessary” In Your Early Learning Environment”
- The Roots of ResiliencyWhat is resiliency? Resiliency can be described as the ability children have to maintain healthy development, despite experiencing adverse life events. Strengthening the family, the community, as well as children’s own personal resources all help children to develop resiliency. As early learning professionals, we play a key role in this development! Early learning professionals haveContinue reading “The Roots of Resiliency”
- Making Sense of Sensory Play in 2021As human beings, we are born with five basic senses: sight, taste, sound, smell and touch. As early learning professionals, we know that children in their earliest stages of life use these senses to guide their learning. Sensory exploration is a child’s way of examining, discovering, categorizing, and making sense of the world, and it’sContinue reading “Making Sense of Sensory Play in 2021”
Please be advised that our Schmon Parkway office and Resource Lending Library is currently closed to the public. Our Team continues to be available from a remote working environment to answer any of your resource, training or coaching and mentoring questions, at 905.646.7311 extension 304 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.