Early Childhood Community Development Centre
The ECCDC is a charitable organization inspiring excellence in early learning and child care through thought leadership, cutting edge training, innovative resources and coaching services highlighting best practices and emerging trends. In the more than 25 years since its creation by local volunteers, the ECCDC has become a leading early learning training, resource and referral organization.
Inspiring excellence in early learning and child care.
The leading source of innovative supports for early learning and child care.
We work with like-minded organizations to respond to the emerging needs of the early learning and child care community.
- Collaboration – We work with like-minded organizations to respond to the emerging needs of the early learning and child care community.
- Innovation: We are dedicated to pursuing the development of quality products and services that stimulate early learning in young children.
- Leadership: We bring our courage, conviction and guidance to creating supports that nurture the healthy development of children.
- Respect: We support, recognize and honour the early learning professional as pivotal to the healthy development of children.
- Professionalism: We bring together knowledge and expertise to mentor those working in early learning and child care settings to be at their best.
Recent Blog Posts
- Supporting New Graduates as They Begin Their Careers in Early Learning and Child CareAre you a new graduate looking to gain more insight into your future career field? Are you an educator or supervisor who is welcoming a new colleague and looking to provide them with a positive and meaningful work experience? If so, you have come to the right place! Together, let’s bridge the gap between newContinue reading “Supporting New Graduates as They Begin Their Careers in Early Learning and Child Care“
- Exploring Emotions with Children: Supporting Children in Recognizing, Regulating and Communicating Their FeelingsAre you looking for opportunities to invite children to explore their feelings? Are you an early learning professional who has witnessed the challenges some children face when they cannot communicate their feelings? Are you interested in learning more about how to support children in regulating their emotions? If you’ve answered yes to any of theseContinue reading “Exploring Emotions with Children: Supporting Children in Recognizing, Regulating and Communicating Their Feelings“
- Risky Play OutdoorsChildren have always engaged in some form of risky play; it is an innate desire of children – you may see it in their reactions when they first climb a steep hill. Most adults can recall staying out all day, without supervision and engaging in some form of risky play or another. However, in recentContinue reading “Risky Play Outdoors”